Fresh homemade cookies are great at anytime of the year, but they are especially delicious in the winter months. I love sitting down on the couch with blanket a cup of tea or hot chocolate and having some fresh warm cookies (doesn’t everyone?).
This is a simple cute gift you can make for any occasion and for anyone. You can also use any cookie recipe you like. I used a low carb healthy chocolate cookie recipe for this one. So let’s get into the making of this cookie jar!
For the cookies
1 Cup & 2 Tbsp Almond Flour (make sure it’s blanched Almond flour not almond meal flour).
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp Finely ground espresso roasted coffee
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
6 Tbsp Erythritol (I use Swerve or Zero brand)
Nuts, Dried fruit or chocolate chips.
Ingredients to Add when making the dough:
6 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Packaging:
A 16 Oz Mason jar, or clear Mug (I used a Mason Jar Mug!)
Gift Tissue Paper
Rubber Band, Twine, string or ribbon.
Small Card or Index Card
Jar Sticker (Optional)
Assemble the jar!
- Layer the dry ingredients in the mason jar to make it look pretty
- If your jar has no lid, you can just cover it with saran wrap , then the tissue paper and tie it with a twine or ribbon. Otherwise cover the top with the tissue paper and screw on the lid.
- Fold the index card in half and rite the instructions in there. The punch a hole and tie it with the ribbon on the lid
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until you have dough.
- Drop the dough by tablespoon onto a non stick baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes until done. Let cool , they will be a bit crumbley, so remove them from the sheet carefully.